Monday, January 29, 2007

Unemployment is funner than you’d think.

So, currently, Ive been unemployed for 38 days. And Ive been loving it. I cant remember ever having so much free time. On the flip side, of course, spending money that you’re not earning back kind of burns...

Recently, I found a posting for a job as a youth program leader on Hornby Island for the outdoors centre there, teaching youth and kids how to do cool things like rock climbing, mountain biking, ocean kayaking.. you know, the usual KICKASS OUTDOOR kind of stuff. Im happy about the opportunity of working there.. except for the fact that Id be moving AGAIN, and leaving all my new-found friends here in Victoria, in addition to living on Hornby Island for a minimum of 7 months. Ive met a huge number of people here in Victoria over the last couple weeks, through volunteering and working at the local community bike shop.

Either way, whether I move to Hornby to take the job or not, I figure Ill be happy. Life is pretty good for me right now, I feel happy being me and having the freedom in my life to take it where Id like to.

In other news… well, I don’t really have any other news. My mom made some super awesome lasagna the other day, 11 pans of it. That was pretty memorable. And my step-dad cooked a steak lunch for me, for no apparent reason. Family is nice to have. Ive also hooked up with a couple of old friends of mine, whom I havent seen for about four years. Its crazy thinking back to previous years of my life. I feel like a lot has changed for me.

Anyways, I apologise to all who were waiting for an update on my blog. Im pretty good at procrastinating, as it would turn out.

Peace and love and pretty flower postcards.

Ty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home