Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And on to.. new beginnings. Or something.

This post was written about a week after I returned to Comox, just was not posted.

______
So, more thoughts. Just because a blog will always listen, and my siblings usually wont.

Clothes. I just brought back to my cabin that my sister and I are sharing, close to all of the posessions that I own on this planet. In the form of boxes, and bags, and things of this type.. all posessions that I deemed necessary to keep before I left.
Now, for the short of it, Im giving atleast half away. I might be trying to sell many more things, and Im basically draining myself of personal posessions because I feel I dont need them.
One thing that has stirred a brain wave or two, has been clothes. Its like, the cultural wear of this culture. Until now, I felt like I didnt really fit in, with my constantly dirty batman shirt, and my ripped-and-repaired-and-ripped-some-more grey jean shorts. But BAM! All of a sudden, I have all the trendyness that was me before I left. Clothes. Clothes that people here wear. Clothes that will make me actually seem like Im part of this culture. At last! I can fit in!

But then I opened up more boxes. Boxes of phyics texts. And boxing gear. And mountainbiking equipment.. why does none of this stuff interest me like it did before? Why do I feel like Ive changed so much? I dont know. Its just weird.

I opened up my University Physics book, the be all and end all of deadly super head exploding physics, the very book that I bore my head into time after time, loving the kind of knowledge I was pulling from it. But this time.. I read, and then I read some more, and I thought to myself, "Who frickin needs to know this stuff? So what if I know the angular momentum of a swinging watch?"

My life has changed indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home