Saturday, April 22, 2006

¿Whats happening with me right now?


Semi-recent photo.. a couple weeks ago, I think. Before Monterrico. Oh right.. second time riding to Antigua for Spanish school, about 18km, and that time on kids bikes.. what a hell of a ride. A lot of steep downhill between us and there.
So, as some people may know I have this crazy plan to ride to Nicaragua. As of right now, tonight, Im almost ready. Ive bought nearly everything I need for my trip, the only thing I really need to buy still is some.. toothpaste, and... Um, I have to find some spare bike tubes. I also need to finish welding part of the crazy rear rack I have right now on my bike, it has two big wire boxes, one on each side of the bike.
But Im basically ready to go.. if I wanted to, I could leave tomorrow morning, and start riding south. But Im letting a couple things stand in my way; one is an issue with aquiring a plane ticket home, Im getting that underway before I leave. The second is a potential job.
Last monday I went by a place called Old Town Outfitters (www.bikeguatemala.com) and said that I had many skills they could use, as far as their multi-day mountainbike excursions go (bike mechanic, mountainbiker (I wont tell them I have a reputation of destroying bikes), etc.). Since then there has been some phone tag, and now I potentially have an interview on monday (Im going and talking to them again on monday, its not officially an interview. Actually, now that I think of it, they already said that they have a job for me, but Im going in to see actually what it is and other details like that.)


Keeping the pictures going.. above is a picnic we had, to show appreciation for some volunteers who were leaving. I was in the middle of some serious Piñata asskicking.. but as soon as the candy started falling out some of the kids that were around went crazy. The piñata murduring continued until I noticed that I was surrounded by kids..


Me returning from some spanish school in Antigua.


..

Some 6 inch spiders from Honduras..

and some cool pictures

of trees.

1 Comments:

Blogger steve mckay said...

Hey how are you?

Sounds like a wicked trip. I used to be a tour leader in Central America for GAP adventures www.gapadventures.com. I spent 4 years travelling b/n Panama and Mexico. It might be a cool company for you to work for... get paid to travel and have fun. Although old town outfitters is cool too, i've taken some passengers on some of their trips. anyways, i study at royal roads right now and i met your mom at the university. my email is steve_mckay@hotmail.com

I know a few real cool places, some of them you have probably passed already in Guate and Mexico... anyways, pura vida. have fun and watch out for banditos on your bike.

Steve Mckay

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home