Monday, July 30, 2007

Bump.

Big moth. Big, big moth. One of a whole swack-bracket of 'em that invaded our centre.


Below.. Hornby. Heliwell Park to be more specific.


And the start of a moderately epic but not very long bike journey.





This last weekend, I road to Cowichan River, from Hornby. It took me 2 days, and about 200km. I left at 2pm on friday, and arrived in Nanaimo at 8pm. That night, I managed to luck out, as I found some people that lived there with a very pleasant apple orchard..




So, when I was first thinking about riding to Nanaimo, I was sure that my arrival would consist of me rolling into a nice blingin hostel, where Id make friends, maybe go out to dinner, maybe even have a shower before falling asleep in a cozy, ready-made bed. But when I got there.. even before I arrived, I started thinking, that if I didnt need a hostel when I was way the hell in the middle of nowhere in Central America, I sure as peanuts didnt need a hostel up here in 'safe' Canada. Man, I think I got a waaaay nicer experience, having avocado/tomato/cheese sandwiches, going for a moonlit swim in a steaming warm lake after to wash off, and crawling into my tent under the shelter of dozens of apple trees.. as opposed to paying money to sleep somewhere. Sheesh.




Bike touring is still fun, after being back in Canada for almost a year.
Take care
Tyler





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home